Shop Online for the fabulous products I use

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Happy 18th to my little girl


Chloe's 3 good friends came over to celebrate her 18th birthday at our home, all wearing matching floral tops and bringing her one to wear as well! I had fun taking some crazy photos of them and fed them Mexican fare: Nachos, tacos, and gooey dip. It was a very nice time.
I wanted a simple, modern look for the layout , with a little "edge" to it. I had copied a template for the scallops some time ago . It looked like an easy and colourful way to showcase the 4 photos. I traced the scallops onto cardstock and cut out both layers at once to save time and it actually worked ! ( I don't recommend you try cutting two layers of anything detailed at once unless you want uneven results) . The black die cuts were done at Peggy N's home on one of her many machines... I added CTMH corduroy brads from the Autumn Garden mini-medley accents collection ... colours olive, hollyhock and goldrush accent the Blush, Tulip and Creme Brulee cardstock perfectly. More black and white accents as in the prom layout. The black capital letters and brackets are from a promo set of CTMH alpha diecuts. I hadn't used any of them at all, so figured an eighteenth birthday was well nigh time to break into the fresh set of alphas. Peggy also showed me how to make the chipboard frame in soft green at her home. The colours look much warmer and richer in true light.
We went shopping for college today and I splurged and bought her a funky purse, heeled boots, and stretchy heel shoes at Aldo. Spoiling her for the last time? Making us both feel better about her not living with me anymore? Getting the hugs and hearing "I love you Mom" felt great.

No comments: