Shop Online for the fabulous products I use

Sunday, February 3, 2008

hockey hall of fame layout



Rick, Colton and I had some time to kill in Toronto during the Marlies AAA hockey tournament Dec.28-30 . Neither Colton or myself had visited the Hockey Hall of Fame on Front and Yonge St. Rick didnt mind giving it a third (fourth?) visit and posing in front of Raymond Bourque's and Bobby Orr's showcases for some photos. I was surprised that the Stanley Cup didnt have glass around it. People were lining up for photos with the cup, and posing while kissing the cup. The mall entrance to the Hall of Fame had amazing indoor architecture with lighted flooring tiles, 3 story arches, and sparkly ceiling lights.
Cathy at Lasting Impressions had created a boys layout for her customers using concentric circles and patterned papers with stars. I immediately saw how easily I could use our new Good Times Kit with sweet leaf, twilight, buttercup, and chocolate, and stars along with my Star Struck acrylix. This has to be one of my most versatile stamp sets. I use the arrows as journalling spots, and I love the circles and stars. The numbers in the Good Times Kit worked well with the theme of Sports . (Number four - Bobby Orr)
Right now my favorite CTMH cs colours are cranberry, twilight, new england ivy, garden green, chocolate, sweet leaf, petal, buttercup, vineyard berry, bamboo, olive and garnet. So I am definately a fall/winter palette person. Birthday October 16 might be an influence. If I had to choose a favorite pink it would be hollyhock. I also like Vanilla Cream and Colonial White and am considering buying the timeless basic combo in 8 1/2 by 11 for cards. the next paper kits I purchase will be Silhouette, Caprice, and Simple Pleasures. Lots of warm tones, blues and browns for my March trip to MEXICO. I think the Goldrush from my Free Spirit Kit will work in well with all of this.
My 2008 album will feature all of the above colours and kits. It will have a non gender feel to it. I want to incorporate more Chipboard into my titles. I also think the foundry frame plates will adhere to my album covers. I will try it out and post a pic if it works. Stazon ink is recommended on the metal surface.
Off to get Superbowl goodies... more later today!!

No comments: