Shop Online for the fabulous products I use

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Big Year ... all Year !




2009 will be the year that I turn 50.


I decided when I turned 49 last October that I would use turning 50 as a reason to celebrate all aspects of life all year long. A trip for myself and my 2 teens has already been booked . Life is short and I may not get a chance to do this with my kids for some time, so why not. I have also been thinking of going out west this summer to BC to visit my scrapping friend Julia and her little boy in Kelowna.


I finally got down to printing and organising the rest of my pictures from 2008. I scrapped my 49th birthday in deep barn red to match the fall bouquet Rick sent me. My kids really spoiled me this year. Colton bought me a set of matching amber pillar candles and then surprised me the morning of my birthdy by taping La Vida Loca by Coldplay to my steering wheel before work.


I have been playing it ever since. Chloe who is 17 took me to Snapdragon Tatoo parlour where we obtained matching mother and daughter star tatoos in a most unusual and hidden place. No one at work can see my stars, but they remind me of my daughter's special love for me . I was not a big fan of inking prior to this event . I felt really touched , despite all the ups and downs these past 3 years, she wanted to get a matching tatoo to symbolise our eternal bond.




The title was done using Chipboard letters and the E sized alpha from Septembers promo. It is the same as the Pharmacy font CTMH uses on their publications and I have always liked its simplicity.




No comments: