Shop Online for the fabulous products I use

Friday, July 24, 2009

The final Dominican posts....




Oh I am so pleased with how my last 3 pages turned out... I am going back through the entire album at this point to add, tweak, rewrite some of the journalling, but the Dominican 09 album is finished. (March.... July... 5 months?) You know what, I am not in a race to finish "events". My goal is to choose a special event to scrap... not every photo I take this year is going to be scrapped by any means. This trip, Coltons 16 birthday are done. Chloe's pre prom party and birthday are next. Some travel this summer and my 50th birthday will be included for sure this year , and as always, Christmas. No stress... just fun, planning, saving new ideas to try... I still like scrapping very much.

I used buttercup, cocoa, and Moon Doggie papers for the basis of these 2 pages. I used the large cocoa diecut frame to trace and create the smaller buttercup frame on the second page so that the border motif would tie together on both pages. Orange was my "pop out" colour, because of Connor's shirt. I think orange and blue are a neat combo. I found the Basic Grey pattern chipboard "matched" extremely well with CTMH papers. I am also loving those library card tags for handwritten journalling.

The photos show 11 of us friends and family at Golden Village Playa Dorada Dominican Republic . The resort is geared towards kids and families, and we enjoyed the wave pool and water slide as well as the ocean , snacks and drinks at the pool , together.

No comments: