Shop Online for the fabulous products I use

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Live Inspired



























I really really Love this bird from the Live Inspired acrylix (I pictured the set of 10 ) This is the second 6x6 card that I have worked up using this stamp as the focal point. It is an elegant image and very versatile. I made 2 birthday, 2 sympathy, and 2 congratulations cards using it yesterday.

The paper pack is from a Heart of Winter special and is no longer available. It came from Julia H's stash . It has an olive background of intertwining leaves, and a floral pattern with smoky plums. Since these are large, special occasion cards, I lavished layers and layers of paper on the front. I think there are 7 layers.

This time, I took a hint from the Triple Play techniques and used a 3 colour approach to inking the bird. First I darkened the bottom of the tail and the tips of the wing with pansy purple by pressing just that area of the stamp directly onto the ink pad. Then I inked the rest of the stamp overall with Desert Sand, which almost has a green tinge to it. Its actually close to khaki. Then I finally sponged a small touch of Twilight, which is a teal blue , onto the upper part of the bird.


For the background of the 3x3 square , I swiped the edges in pansy purple first , then I stippled a metallic gold ink onto the sides, focusing on the upper left and lower right corners.

No comments: