Shop Online for the fabulous products I use

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Mega Crop 2 : Holy Communion










This is a photo from the one end of the Kinsman auditorium in Chatham. There look to be about 50 croppers and 6 vendors at the event. I will say the food was fabulous... we could help ourselves to coffee, banana loaf and cookies all morning and there were 4 kinds of wraps at just $2 for lunch, and then a huge fruit plate with more cookies.

There were door prizes for everyone, classes, a silent auction and a garage sale of new and used items. Of course I did a purge of my hoard in the Studio and brought in 3 boxes of stamps and papers for the garage sale. 25% of the total went to charity so it was a Win/Win/Win situation for myself, the croppers with cash, and the charity .


The Holy Communion layout was done with one piece of embossed paper which i purchased at Skribble and Skraps this summer ... because it was so beautiful . I knew I would find a use for it. My niece's blue headband and white communion dress were the focus of the Communion photos and fit in nicely with the colourful floral paper. I just cut it into strips and made a quick background with it. Then I went shopping for something else to add. I found the perfect items in the exact colour ! And... they were 50% off! The frames really did it. I also got some great brads and paper flowers. It all came together quickly after that. I just punched a few more quickcutz letters using Phebes new punch (since Peggy was still Somewhere Else and hadn't unpacked her Sizzlits for me to use).

and ... Voila! Blingy scrapbook perfection. Just the way I like it sometimes.

No comments: