Shop Online for the fabulous products I use

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Parasailing and a Hot Tip for measuring colour


Just a fun layout that i built this past Friday night. I have always wanted to try those diagonal lines across adjacent photos. diagonal = action

Hot Pink was chosen as the accent colour in a limited quantity, to highlight my daughters bathing suit and plastic sunglasses.
tip: I use a triad of colour in my layouts that complements or contrasts with the subject of the pictures. Here, in this case, I was looking at the water and at the parachute colours and choosing different hues of blue until I get a good look. I think of my most important colour as a gallon, second most important as a quart and accent colour as a pint . This way I can accent with brights on top of neutrals without looking gaudy.

I added Clear Heidi Swapp daisies and pink CTMH rhinestone flowers to complement the tiny flowers on the background paper. The title is with colour ready adhesive alphabets . They come in white and you colour them with your markers, peel and attach. For consistency I am using the "bold" font throughout the album.

*****Prayers go to Tori Stafford ... all of Ontario weeps for you. *****

kiss your children and hold them tight

No comments: