Shop Online for the fabulous products I use

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

my latest attempt at painting in watercolour







Okay I realise that this blog has been for paper crafts ... but as I foray into the realm of real art, I wanted to post my attempts. The scene is from a photo taken at Lake of Bays last year.

Watercolour is a real challenge, and I find the process very enjoyable and relaxing. Dad and I headed to the gallery in Grand Bend to take a colour course with Mary Abma yesterday.

The 7 hour class went by yesterday in a flash and I didnt want to stop painting at 4 pm.

Also pictured are Mary with her work ( isnt it beautiful?) and Dad in front of a triptych he hung for
Mary yesterday.

1 comment:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I thought I recognized Mary. Isn't she great? I took a class from her too. So glad you enjoyed it. We should get together and swab skills.