Shop Online for the fabulous products I use

Friday, January 25, 2008

January 08


This is the first time I am trying the blog spot, after reading Kathi Carlson's humourous and informative artwork blog . My artwork isnt always the most original, but I like playing with colour , design and texture. I will try to post the cards I made tonight using inspiration from Kathi's designs. A bunch of us are getting together to do a card swap make and take in February so I was playing around with some of her ideas.
I used twilight and black and garnet Close to my Heart Cardstock , some chipboard which I covered in garnet and stamped, black brads , and some oriental paper with a bit of gold in it from my Japanese collection that has been gathering dust in a box. I stamped with Elegant Script and a saying from Love Flourishes. I made the mini tag and tied it with black waxy flax and just wrote trust on it with a micron pen. There is piercing along the edge of the black and twilight papers. I wasnt too happy with the white gel pen, it messes up the word respect, but oh well. I am still happy with the card. It says, love, passion, trust, respect and on the inside I handwrote, "we have it all". It is for my very best friend Rick Town. He better not read this blog before Valentine's Day.
Right now I am looking forward to seeing Jen, Jen, Cathy , Dana , and whoever else wants to jump in for the swap at Cutting Edge Studio in Brights Grove. Dana came up with the idea, that we each design a card and bring the necessary materials precut and supplies to duplicate our cards in a basket that we pass around the table. I cant wait to see what they come up with.

No comments: